The Internet Connectivity highly depends on the
Internet Service Provider of our choice. When
considering this topic, the following questions arise:
For the performances, a minimum of 128kbit/s is required. To minimize the
possibilities of network congestions and network breakdowns, it is
advised to move the internet connectivity as close to the international
backbones as possible.
- Will we have a leased line for the time of the performance?(preferred)
- or Will we have a dial-up connection, i.e. via ISDN, only?
- if ISDN dial up: Do we have a router or do we have to use one of
our unix computers for this purpose?
- Which subnet (i.e. 126.96.36.199) will we have ?
- Does the provider support server housing? (this means that the
WWW server is located at the provider and not at the stage)
copyright © 1997 by oudeis
1150 Vienna, Austria, EUROPE